Wednesday, February 02, 2005

One Down, Two To Go

I just finished my Biology exam not too long ago, and boy did it suck. I mean, I knew lots of the stuff but some of it was...*stares blankly at computer screen*. As you can tell, my brain is fried right now. I'm going to try to do this as best as I can with my mental capabilitlies at the moment. As I was saying, I finished my Bio exam and now it's on to Geography and the dreaded Chemistry *shudders*. How I was I had a photographic memory, it would make life so much easier. I'm trying not to stress out. I have come to the conclusion that it is not only my parents that expect too much of me, but I also have high expectations for me (I hope that made sense). It is one of the main problems I face in my life. Ever since I can remember I have always wanted to go to Medical school, become a doctor, and possibly join 'Doctors Without Borders'. That is what I strived for during my highschool career, up until the middle of last year when reality came crashing down on me. It is a dream of mine that will never come true. Now, I am not saying that dreaming or having goals is bad. It's just that there is a fine line between fantasy and reality and you have be careful. Sometimes a person can dream and wish so hard that they cannot see the reality that lies before them and suddenly they don't know what to do with there lives. This is what I am facing right now. Do I give up and aim lower? Do I try to make my dreams come true, even though I will possibly fail? These are some questions that only I can answer. I have solved questions like these before, like "Who am I?" and "Is life worth living?". Through time and understanding, I now know who I am and that life IS worth living even though it can be fucked sometimes. Now I just have to figure out how I want to live my life. Fantasy or Reality?

1 Comments:

Blogger bradfurd said...

Hey Jenn. I always find myself thinking those things too. and then I figure, well I might as well go for my dreams, cuz I only have one life to live and one youth. If anything, you'll learn a ton along the way and have a fun time. The journey is half the enjoyment. Just make sure you don't find yourself twenty years down the road looking back at nothing. I hope you find your way. :)

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home